Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Call on the Field Is Not Reviewable

Welcome to my long-awaited football blog. Here you will encounter constant opinion, insight, ranting, prognostication, and most importantly, endless football analysis. This blog has been in the works for a long time--it was time that I moved on from Facebook "Notes" to publish my NFL-themed musings--so here we are.

I have chosen late July to launch this blog because it is this time of year that I am suffering most greatly from football withdrawal. Training camp is opening across the NFL, preseason is right around the corner, and I cannot remember the last time a Buffalo Bills game excited me more than this year's upcoming Hall of Fame Game (August 3rd).

Normally, preseason is just a further tease to the football-obsessed. The starters don't play much, the scores and records don't matter, and the games are happening at all kinds of weird times (thus it is pretty much impossible to keep up with all the "action," even if you do care). But every year, about this time, preseason looks pretty darn good to me.

So, the first thing you can expect to see on this blog is a series called "What I'm Looking For." In this series, I will give you multiple reasons to pay attention to preseason football. I'll go in-depth into the most imperative (not necessarily glamorous) position battles, I'll call your attention to potential breakthrough (or breakdown) players, and yes, here and there, I might shower some of my championship-caliber fantasy knowledge on you. I am always willing to answer questions from my readers, or take your requests about what to write about next!

One thing is for sure: I assure you no subject in NFL football will be left uncovered on this blog, and this is NOT reviewable.

Thanks for coming aboard. I will be back in a few days with some preseason analysis!

No comments:

Post a Comment